Events and programs of skeptically-related interest sponsored by other organizations not directly connected with O4R.
- Skeptic's Toolbox, 2007 - CSI (Formerly CSICOP)- August 9 - 12, 2007- Eugene, Oregon
- February 12, 2008 - University of Oregon campus, Eugene
Community Conversations - "The Science and Psychology of Psychics"
- Ray Hyman, Emeritus professor of Psychology, U of O
- John Donovan, Dept. of Geology, Lorry Lokey Integrated Science Complex nanotechnology laboratory manager
Community Conversations is sponsored by U of O Academic Initiatives, the Robert D. Clark Honors College, Oregon Humanities Center, and undergraduate Studies. This series is intended to stimulate intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and experiential learning among undergraduate resident hall
students. The Community Conversation panel discussions are committed to extending the academic enterprise outside the classroom and foster
student interaction with faculty, community leaders and organizations such as O4SR.
- Skeptic's Toolbox, 2008 - CSI (Formerly CSICOP)- August 7 - 10, 2008- Eugene, Oregon
Skeptic's Toolbox is an intimate and informal affair where participants get an opportunity to put the tools of science and skepticism
directly to work on the many claims and ideas considered paranormal or pseudoscientific.
- Skeptic's Toolbox, 2006 - CSICOP - August 10 - 13, 2006 - Eugene, Oregon
- Oregon Library Association's Conference - April 6-7 - Salem, Oregon
Jeanine De Noma and Trish Randall created a booth with items and activities of interest to librarians promoting the Skeptical Inquirer,
Prometheus Books, Skeptical books and authors and awareness of skeptical web sites.